Medicine In The Mountains 2020 // Our Next Snow CME Adventure
Grand Targhee Ski Resort, 3rd -6th February 2020
Feel Like You Are on Holiday while Getting Your CME
This is Medical Conference is for you if you want a fantastic Ski Holiday with fun CME included.
You don't have to be an expert skier, snowboarder or mountaineer: a medical person with a passion for the outdoors is all that is required!
Intrepid Medicine in the Mountains 2020 provides you with practical guidance to pre-hospital management of patients in the winter environment.
- Delegate numbers are kept small providing an interactive learning experience in the lecture room and on snow.
- Practical sessions will be held on the snow BUT will not require any pre-attendance technical experience.
- Topics will be convened by experts in pre-hospital mountain medical care.
All this will be presented at the stunning Grand Targhee Ski Resort, Alta Wyoming USA
NOTE: Conference registration EXCLUDES Accommodation. A limited number of rooms at Ski in: Ski-out Slopeside Teewinot Lodge have been negotiated. Get your accommodation booking code when you Register
Delegate Feedback Dr Tamsin Davies
Proposed Medicine in the Mountains Program 2020
Monday February 3rd to Thursday February 6th
Day 1 Monday, February 3rd
- An Avalanche Incident
- Avalanches types
- Avalanche formation
- Factors involved in Avalanche Accidents
- Avalanche Accident Prevention
- Route Finding
- Decision making
4-6pm Mountain Rescue
- Avalanche rescue and resuscitation
- Hypothermia field management and resuscitation
- Hypothermia update on hospital management
- Cold Injuries field management and new developments in treatment
Day 2 Tuesday February 4th
- Transceiver use and practice
- Companion rescue
- Group rescue
- Snow Sports Injuries Update
- Snow Sports Injury Prevention
- Orthopedic considerations
- Trauma Management in the Austere environment
Day 3 Wednesday February 5th
7-9 am Pre Hospital Trauma Scenario
- Wilderness Injury Assessment and Management
- Improvised Litter/Sled Construction
- Package and transport of the injured patient
- Boot and Helmet Removal
- Improvised Splinting
- Altitude illness Prevention and Treatment
- Climate Change and Mountain Medicine
- Medical Management on Snow
Day 4 Thursday February 6th
- A practical approach to personal and group equipment for the mountain medic
- What happens when it’s the Doctor that gets sick or injured?
- Improvised shelters
- Summary, Questions and Group Discussion
NOTE: All sessions, times, content and locations are subject to change depending on the local conditions
As with all Intrepid Medical Conferences, we ask each delegate to prepare a 15-minute presentation on a topic of their choice related to the conference content. It doesn’t have to directly be about mountain medicine.
Our conferences are Sponsor Free. The cost of the conference is not endorsed or subsidised by other companies such as pharmaceuticals. This is a deliberate decision, in order to fit with our philosophy of best-evidenced medicine.
$695USD CLOSES SEPT 23RD
$ 895USD AFTER SEPT 23RD
$ 1005USD AFTER JAN 13th